About the Organisation
The Indo-Canada Chamber of Commerce (ICCC) was founded in 1977. The ICCC is a membership based (over 1500 active members), volunteer driven, not-for-profit, non-partisan and privately funded business organization representing its members from the Indo-Canadian business and professional communities across Canada.
To promote trade and commerce between Canada and India with support provided to, and received from, various levels of governments and to establish links with global business organisations.
To provide business networking opportunities for our members, sponsors and partners to enable the sharing of ideas, information and experiences in order to promote mutual business success; to create learning opportunities for our members through seminars, workshops and conferences. To recognize the achievements and contributions of the Indo-Canadian community as a part of the business and social fabric of Canada.
The Chamber works hard on behalf of it’s membership, offering insightful and meaningful policy contributions, and leading initiatives that positively influence the Indo-Canadian economic and social landscape. Our aim is to serve as the premier voice of the Indo-Canadian business and professional community. We are committed to the enhancement of economic prosperity and quality of life of our members.
The Chamber is the country’s premier Canada-India bilateral trade and investment facilitator, catalyst and advocate. Our mission includes the promotion and stimulation of bilateral trade and commerce between Canada and India. We recognize the importance of India as a premier trading partner for business in Canada. The Chamber is a pivotal resource in enhancing Canada-India trade.
The ICCC’s mission is to be the premier, privately funded, Indo-Canadian business organization in Canada by:
- Promoting the business, professional, and general well-being of Indo-Canadians.
- Creating positive awareness of the high degree of contribution of the Indo-Canadian business and professional community.
- Facilitating business and trade opportunities between Canada and India, and the Indian diaspora throughout the world.
- Provide members with a forum for networking, sharing ideas, information and experiences in order to promote mutual business success.
- Create learning opportunities through seminars, workshops and conferences.
- Foster international commerce between Canada, the Indian sub-continent and other countries around the world by creating relationships and links with global business organizations.
- Publicly recognize the achievements of business and community leaders at our Annual Awards and Gala Night.
Programs & Events
- Business and professional seminars with prominent speakers in the areas of finance, investments, international business and trade, information technology, and public policy.
- Hosting Indian trade delegations and senior political and business leaders.
- Seasonal business gatherings such as the Winter SME Expo.
- An Annual Awards and Gala Night that publicly recognizes achievements in the community.
- Annual Charity Golf Tournament
- An annual General Meeting where the year is reviewed, and the Board of Directors is elected.
- Annual Business Mission to India in January
- Celebrating Annual International Women Day in March
- ICCC is governed by a Board of Directors consisting of 11 Directors.
- Nine Directors are elected at the Annual General Meeting, and two Directors are nominated by the Board from various nominations received.
- An Executive Committee is elected within the Board, consisting of the President and four Vice Presidents.
- The ICCC Board of Directors is also aided by an Advisory Board, consisting of 11 seasoned business and professional leaders from within the community.