Natural Resources & Environment (NRE) Committee would serve as focal point for promoting trade and investment between Canada and India in the environmental, mining, mineral and natural resource sector development and to provide a collaborative platform for networking and sharing market intelligence.
- To provide a platform for ICCC members to share information and exchange views about industry issues, stay abreast of industry trends and developments, and network with other industry players.
- To explore, understand, identify and provide constructive pathway for many fields of cooperation in various aspects of the sector, and to facilitate nurturing of co-operation amongst potential entities on both sides and also the maturing of such co-operation into fruitful businesses.
- To provide community consultation protocols and practises from Canadian experiences for engaging indigenous peoples.
- To attract and encourage investment from the Indian investors to Canada and promote the export of transformative mining technologies from Canada to India.
- Where required, assist federal and provincial ministerial delegations with business contacts in India.
- To create bridge and connect decision makers and policy makers on both the sides so that a practical and positive environment is made for such business ties to grow, resulting in increase in bilateral trade in the energy sector.
- To enhance the sector knowledge of ICCC members through monthly meetings, forums and special events; support ICCC in submitting a response or an advocacy position on regulatory and other industry-related issues by drafting the relevant documents and to advocate environmentally friendly and efficient energy technologies and government policy.
Director in charge
- Surinder Sharma, VP & Director, Membership Engagement, ICCC
- Pappur Shankar, Member
- Nani Pradeepan, Member