- The Indo-Canada Chamber of Commerce (ICCC)'s New Immigrants Committee launched its new Mentoring program for New Immigrants in 2011.
- The program aims to connect mentees – internationally trained Indo-Canadian newcomers, with mentors – successful Indo-Canadian professionals.
- The mentors will be drawn from the pool of professional talent available within the Chamber’s membership.
- To help new skilled newcomers by matching them with a mentor with similar background
- To assist them with developing their professional networks and with making educated career decisions
- To increase understanding of Canadian workplace culture and the reality of transferring professional designations
- To strengthen the knowledge of community resources and linkages to settlement services, skill development, job search resources, language and literacy programming among other services
Advantages of the program
- Increased self-knowledge and awareness
- Obtain strategic tools for ongoing career development and success
- Enhance communication skills
- Develop professional etiquette
- Identify talents needed in the Canadian workplace
- Build their network for work and career success
- Become employed in their field of expertise
- Increased self-knowledge and self-awareness
- Optimize coaching and mentoring skills
- Build leadership excellence
- Dialogue with and learn from the experiences of internationally trained people
- Share knowledge and wisdom and explore new ideas and perspectives
- Learn about and contribute to the community
- Recognition from ICCC
- So far, two mentoring programs have been conducted in a calendar year.
- The program usually has one mentor and 6 mentees in a sector specific mentoring group.
- Once the group is matched, the mentees take part in 5 mentoring sessions over a course of 4 months.
- If you are a new immigrant or a seasoned Canadian professional, we encourage you to be a part of this program.
To apply to the program, either as a mentor or a mentee, fill the respective forms
If you have any questions, please contact at firstname.lastname@example.org
or ICCC office at email@example.com or 416.224.0090
The Team (Mentoring Committee)
- Chair - Mentorship Committee